Going Global 2010 - CANCELLED, Kilcronaghan Activity Centre, Tobermore
Saturday, 09 Oct - Sunday, 10 Oct
Posted by Sarah Caughey on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 | 0 comments |
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you would be interested in attending one of our Going Global events in the future, please contact either of our offices to register your interest and we will be in touch soon.
Going Global is an event organised by CMS Ireland to help you consider how to take your engagement in God’s mission to a deeper level. You may be sensing that God is calling you to get involved in a specific type of mission service, perhaps in another country. Or maybe you’ve already had a particular experience of cross-cultural mission and as a result, you feel inspired to live differently at home.
Going Global aims to help you explore such issues; it offers you the chance to take time away from the chaos, to be still and listen to God, to look into mission. The Going Global weekend is a place for you to reflect on your experiences and perceptions of global mission and to think about some of the ways in which to take things further.
So who is it for?
Going Global is aimed at those who are thinking about their part in God’s mission and are asking ‘What next?’
In particular, the event is designed with three main types of people in mind:
- Those who are exploring the possibility of some form of mission service in another place, whether for short-term or long-term.
- Those who have returned home after some form of mission service elsewhere, (whether on a team, or some form of mission placement), and want to consider how their experiences can impact their life and mission in their Irish context.
- Those who simply want to think more deeply about ‘mission’ and what it might mean for them.
When and Where?
Going Global is taking place from 11am on Saturday 9th October – 2:30pm on Sunday 10th (departing after lunch.)
We would encourage you to come for the whole event – the late night for chatting on Saturday and the Sunday morning sessions are all important parts of the programme. However, if you reallly aren’t able to stay for Sunday’s sessions, we would still encourage you to sign up for Saturday.
This year, Going Global will take place in The Kilcronaghan Activity and Conference Centre, located just outside Tobermore, near Magherafelt in County Londonderry.
- If you earn a wage: £40 (full weekend); £25 (one day)
- Otherwise: £30 (full weekend); £20 (one day)
To download a booking form, click here. Alternatively, you can contact our offices to receive a booking form by post.
If you would like more information about Going Global, please don’t hesitate to contact us.